Friday, December 17, 2010
As a coach, we know that one of the things you care for is the coaching profession-at-large. And in just a few weeks, you can share it with your community.
Founded in the late 1990s as a way for coaches—regardless of geographic location—to celebrate the coaching profession, International Coaching Week (ICW) is a weeklong opportunity for you to share what you care for with the world! Traditionally, it is held annually the first full week of February and is celebrated by coaches and clients alike.
Through the years, people have celebrated ICW is numerous fashions…from offering pro bono coaching services to planning and executing multi-day conferences. Regardless of how it is celebrated, its main objective is to educate the public about the value of working with a coach and all that can be accomplished through a coaching partnership.
That said…how do you plan to celebrate ICW 2011? The possibilities are endless—your imagination is really your only barrier. Still stuck? Run through these questions to find something that works the best for you:
- What kind of availability do you have during ICW? This will determine what kind of project you can take on.
- Will you be working alone or will you have a team? ICW is a great way to involve your entire chapter or colleagues who live in your community.
- What kind of message do you want to share? The kind of message you share will determine how you go about sharing it. A few message examples: “Coaching works! Here’s why…” or “Coaching is…” or “Coaching is not…”
- What is the most beneficial way you can share coaching with those in your community? Think through different options you may have…if you have the opportunity to rent out a local café, perhaps hosting a speed coaching event would suit you well. Or if you are working alone, maybe you can offer pro bono coaching hours to people in your community. Or maybe you can offer special rates to those who sign a coaching contract with you during ICW.
- How will you market your event? The size and scale of your event will truly determine the kind of marketing you need to take on. The only key in marketing and event is to not wait until the last minute! Start planning now to give yourself plenty of time.
Learn more about ICW at Coachfederation.org/coachingweek.
Don’t forget, if you want to be eligible to win one of several great prizes, there is still time to share what you care for! Submit your video or written message here by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2010 and your name will be included in the drawing. Learn more.