Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Your Coaching Business Can Thrive In Any Economy

Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2012 by International Coach Federation

“Have you ever had down times in your business?”

“During downtimes, what kind of mindset did you need to have in order to not be distracted or derailed by the negatives?”

“What do you think is the most important thing a coach needs to do to sustain himself or herself in the coaching business?”

These are all questions I asked 11 established coaches, nine of whom are ICF-Master Certified Coaches, for Inspired and Prosperous: 11 World-renowned Coaches Reveal Their Success and Sustainability Secrets – my book that launched during International Coaching Week.

In honor of International Coaching Week, through Feb. 19, 30% of all Amazon Kindle and paperback proceeds will be donated to Coaching The Global Village, a nonprofit that teaches coaching and leadership skills to grassroots leaders in under-developed communities around the globe, in order that these leaders might ignite significant and lasting possibilities in their worlds.

So, what made me write this book? It was the Great Recession of 2008 and 2009. I watched in silent horror as I lost a five-figure corporate contract. As an ICF Chapter President, I found that many of my fellow coaches experienced the same fate. That led me to query: how do coaches who have been in business for more than 10 years make it through this volatile economy and other tough times in the past? What kind of marketing activities bring them consistent results? How do they decide on which business-building strategies to adopt when there are so many to choose from?

My inquiry led me to these 11 coaches who very generously shared with me intimate details of their business journeys – the ups and downs, the good, the bad and the ugly. What I learned from them is priceless, and I wanted to share these insights with my fellow coaches and as many out there as possible. This wish gave birth to the Inspired and Prosperous book.

Whether you are a Life, Business or Executive Coach who wants been-there insights on how to succeed in a volatile economy like this, or an established coach who is thinking of taking on credentialing and wondering if you need it to succeed, this book is for you. To learn more, visit http://www.inspiredandprosperousbook.com.

Like the other blog writers here, I am deeply honored to be part of this profession. It is one of those vocations that can positively revolutionalize the world. My wish for you, dear coach, is that you will access the wisdom, knowledge and priceless insights that these master-level coaches reveal so that you can have a business that outlasts any tough times. Because our world needs you to serve the best of what is possible – right now.

Duanna Pang-Dokland is a Certified Coach who started her coaching business without knowing a single soul when she moved to America from Singapore. An ICF Chapter Past President, she works with coaches, entrepreneurs and corporate executives to design inspired and prosperous businesses they love. Connect with her at http://ignitingpossibility.com. 

3 comments:

  1. You moved from Singapore to America and I moved from Canada to Singapore! I'm on the EXCO of the ICF Singapore Chapter and you're welcome to visit us on your next visit. In my book, 'The SOHO Solution: 21 Selling Strategies For Growing Your Small Business' I wrote that we cannot control what happens outside our businesses but we can (and must!) control what happens inside them. Great post Duanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Duanna! I was honored to be included in your inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your posts, I am looking forward for future posts. Certainly I have become a big fan of yours and waiting for new posts. Your blogs are like risk free day trading. Please share new post on your blog that would be very helpful for me and other visitors.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.