Monday, February 7, 2011
Posted on Monday, February 07, 2011 by International Coach Federation
So here we are…International Coaching Week (ICW) 2011 is finally here! To celebrate, there are coaches across the world doing different things throughout the week to show coaching to their communities.
1) Offer specials. People love deals—perhaps you can offer your existing clients a discount on your services. It doesn’t have to be during this week per se, but maybe something you offer through the month of February. This special can be anything; the possibilities are absolutely endless! Examples: two coaching hours for the price of one, etc.
And you don’t have to limit this to your existing clients. You could create a special for those clients who sign with you in February.
2) Make time for networking. Many ICF Chapters are hosting events during ICW—from standard chapter meetings with guest speakers to single day workshops and multi-day conferences. If you aren’t already, plan to take part in whatever your local chapter has planned for ICW2011. If your local chapter doesn’t have anything planned, connect with other members to start brainstorming ideas for ICW2012!
Nearest chapter too far away to attend regularly? If it is within reasonable driving distance, take time out to go to their next meeting to network with peers. If that is not an option, take a look at upcoming Virtual Education sessions and add one to your calendar.
3) Give your business a once-over. Take time during this special week to better your practice. You know there are things on your to-do list that you want to check off—set aside designated time this week to do these things! For some it could be designing new business cards or taking a good hard look at your marketing plan. For others, it could be revising your pricing scale or starting a blog. Whatever it is, take time out to do it!
4) Gather testimonials. ICW isn’t only about your current or future clients. Make it about your past clients! Nothing can make a business more credible than through the use of client testimonials. Reach out to those you have coached in the past and ask them to provide a testimonial you can use in your upcoming marketing initiatives or on your website.
5) Volunteer locally. There is nothing more satisfying than the feeling that you have helped someone else. As a coach, you get to experience that sort of fulfillment on a regular basis. Reach beyond your comfort zone and volunteer some time at a local organization. The best part? There is truly something for everyone when it comes to volunteering. Want to work with animals? Check a local Humane Society. Want to work with kids? Talk to a local school or adoption agency. Want to use your hands? Check out Habitat for Humanity. And these are just three ideas! Opportunities are only limited by your imagination*!
*Note: ICF Headquarters is holding a Day of Service later this week in honor of ICW. Staff members are volunteering at locally based International Book Project. Check the blog on Friday for an update on the Day of Service.
Happy International Coaching Week!
Labels: International Coaching Week