Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting Our Energy Work Together With Coaching

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 by International Coach Federation

Congratulations! We completed ICF’s first Energy Work & Coaching SIG today. Thanks to all the coaches who participated and who stayed on the line despite the grueling sound effects.

One of the participants asked me to note the resources to which I referred. The big word today is embodiment. I linked embodiment and centered presence, which helps us expand our capacity to see, coach, heal. You can review the ICF core competence on Centered Presence. I have found that embodying oneself is crucial to learning how to work from an energetic, compassionate stance whether I am healing or coaching. 


Rhona Post, MCC

Becoming embodied is a commitment as it involves connecting with and learning from the sensations and stored memories in our bodies. My years of study with Dr. Richard Heckler, founder of the Strozzi Institute, provided the awareness and skill to learn how to stay centered, and how to find my way back when I was triggered by an event or emotion. With the somatic background, I can more easily presence myself energetically with clients. I have taken these skills into my healing work where I can move quickly and easily from my physical body to beyond my own physicality to work from my expanded capacity (energetic structure). 

I suggested reading and doing the exercises in Stuart Heller’s book, Retooling on The Run, as they open the door to a deeper awareness of the relationship between body, mind and spirit.

We’re all in different places on this continuum. The addition of a healing protocol helps me do the deep transformative work with clients. This kind of healer coaching is not for everyone. But my clients, whether executives or families, want clarity to end their suffering now!

Future SIG topics for Energy Work & Coaching include: Identifying and Working with a Person’s Emotional Drivers, Cultivating Body Awareness, How Coaches Use Intuition in Coaching, Healing: What it Means for Coaches and Clients. If you have a special interest in this topic, please e-mail me your ideas at rpost@thehealercoach.com. See you next month, March 21, the third Monday of the month, at 11:00 a.m. (New York) and each third Monday, thereafter.

For more information on Healer Coaching, contact Rhona Post, rpost@thehealercoach.com or www.thehealercoach.com.

No Response to "Getting Our Energy Work Together With Coaching"

Leave A Reply

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.