Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Isn't that the question we all ask ourselves, how can I be a truly great coach?
Don't we all want to be great coaches?
Well, I'm not going to give you a list of core competencies.
I'm not going to talk about phenomenal safe space or bionic listening skills.
I'm not going to mention questions of 'coach-ability' of our prospect clients.
And I'm certainly not going to talk about marketing and selling.
So what's left?
Well, it's what we all started with.
And you might be asking, what's story got to do with it?
Well, we are all storytellers. Think about it.
What happens when you get asked the following questions:
- What is coaching?
- What got you started in coaching?
- What kind of coaching do you do?
- Listen actively to what you are saying
- Focus on what's working, on your skills and successes
- Be clear about your goals
- Make a great plan and then take ACTION
Lisa Bloom, PCC is founder of Story Coach Inc. and the Certified Story Coach Program. Download her ebook ‘Using Stories to Get Great Clients’ at http://www.story-coach.com.