Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Unleash the Power of Diversity: A practical toolkit leveraging culture, style, gender, and generational factors
Below is part of an occasional blog series highlighting the Catalysts and sessions of ICF Global 2012.
A key question for our clients is:
Does being different work FOR you or AGAINST you?
Want to add a practical diversity toolkit to your already extensive techniques?
Explore four aspects of diversity: culture, style, gender, and generations.
What do you do when:
- You are coaching people from a different culture and meet a frustrating ‘brick wall?’
- Your client is a ‘flaming extravert’ leading a team of introverts?
- Your client, a successful female executive, has been told that she is ‘too tough?’
- A new leader is struggling to motivate a brilliant young ‘millennial’ in his group?
- Learn a practical diversity model: the Diversity Foray©
- Use the self-assessment tool to discover YOUR ‘brand’ or presence and uncover hidden biases
- Combine the model with Emotional Intelligence tips to make diversity coaching easier
- Have some fun!
Leveraging diversity for increased business results has been a passion of mine for decades. This effectiveness model focuses on simple strategies such as Ask, don’t assume, Appreciate, Adjust…with examples of successful (and unsuccessful) diversity coaching.
Interactive small group exercises, with real life “what do I do now?” diversity situations, examine all four aspects (culture, style, gender, generations).
Plan to attend:
Learn the techniques.
Connect the dots.
Inspire your clients.
See you in London,
Debjani Biswas, PCC, is a Catalyst at ICF Global 2012, October 3-6 in London, UK, where she will be presenting “Unleash the Power of Diversity: A practical toolkit leveraging culture, style, gender, and generational factors." Register today!