Thursday, August 23, 2012

Why the ICF?

Posted on Thursday, August 23, 2012 by International Coach Federation

Last month, we asked our Facebook fans to answer the following question, “Fill in the blank: I am an ICF member because _______.” Take a look below to see how our Facebook fans responded:

“I like to meet all the standards of coaching and keep updating globally.” (Abhishek Singh)

“I am proud to be a professional coach and I am continually updating my skills with the ICF.” (Caterina Barregar)

“I value and respect the stringent ‘quality control’ it requires to qualify as a PCC and MCC. Ensuring that we have undergone 125-200 hours of coach specific training; have had 750-2,500 hours of coaching experience; and have been coached by a mentor (PCC) coach to ensure that we have a strong working knowledge of all the 11 ICF Core Competencies, understand the distinct definition of coaching, and that we are meant to uphold and abide by the Code of Ethics. I love the ICF! Thank you for all you do!” (Malti Bhojwani)

“I am proud to be a professional coach.” (Anouk Boering)

“It helps to remind what I am up to. Being a part of more coaches who are really passionate about this profession. I am a CTI coach and having my written exam next week after a half year certification program.” (Carolin Zeller)

“I am proud to be a professional coach.” (Zora Inka Grohol’ová)

“I believe in continuous learning and accreditation.” (Patricia Muir)

“I am an ICF member because…executive coaching is a fundamental approach in much of management consulting.” (Management Consultants)

“It lends credibility to my work within corporate workplaces.” (Josephine Thompson)

What about you? I am an ICF member because ___________. What is it for you? We’d love to know—leave a response below or join the conversation at Facebook.com/ICFHQ.

No Response to "Why the ICF?"

Leave A Reply

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.