Thursday, February 28, 2013
You may have heard it said 'Stories Sell'. It's true. We really connect to a good story and it's a proven marketing and sales tactic.
You know this instinctively, you only buy something when you really 'believe' it. And you can take any example from your own life. Think about the last purchase you made; what was the pitch? What did you believe when you bought it? I can guarantee you, it was a great story.
And what's this got to do with coaching? Well you can be the best coach in the world but if you can't sell your services, you simply don't have a business.
Here are the five reasons your coaching business needs YOUR story and these are also the five ways you can build your business authentically and easily.
1. Your Story is evidence of your expertise. What you have experience; including your personal life events, research, education and approach, is the best evidence of why you are perfectly placed to coach others.
2. Your Story creates powerful connect. When we hear your authentic story we are reminded of our own related experiences and instinctively understand that you get it!
3. Your Story is inspiring. Your potential clients are struggling to achieve something. You have grown beyond that struggle so by telling that story you are inspiring others.
4. Your Story is the key to attracting clients. Your story differentiates you from others in your market. People always remember the story and be attracted by it. You show up as human, approachable, knowledgeable and most importantly, relevant. Clients find you when you start telling your story.
5. Your Story makes you money. Add up all of what's said before…more connection, more expertise, more inspiration, more clients – yes, it means you will make more money and have a thriving business. Now what coach would say no to that!
You need a great story. And you don't have to make it up. You have a great story. Don't doubt it.
Your story is who you are, it's how you create your reality, it's how you show up.
Start showing up powerfully with your authentic, compelling story – your business will thank you for it!
Lisa Bloom, PCC is founder of Story Coach Inc. and the Certified Story Coach Program. Download her ebook ‘Using Stories to Get Great Clients’ at http://www.story-coach.com.